Thursday, November 11, 2010

Lets Pray for Our Vets!!

Veterans Day should be a special Holiday in every American's heart. Please lets all take the time to remember our young soldiers who continue to keep American's safe!! Our country no matter what its faults is still the best Country anyone could wish for!!
Our young soldiers are giving their lives everyday to keep Americans free, and safe.
As a mother of a US Marine I stand proud!! My son has served his time in Iraq. He continues to be a loyal Marine and puts the Corp and God first. By putting them first he understands he is keeping his family safe and contributing to the safety of all American families.
Just to be clear he is not in Iraq now,but continues to serve as a loyal US Marine!!
The picture below is of my son in his uniform and on his wedding day. Isn't he a handsome dude!!









9 comments:

  1. As you know, I too am a mother of a USMC Marine!! God bless 'em all.

    What a wonderful, endearing post. I so enjoyed reading what you had to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your handsome son with us. I appreciate his service. La

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful post Susan! And a very handsome son you have. I thank him for his service!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My nephew is a Marine and plans a full career in the military. He is in Iraq now. We are very proud of him just as I know you are of your son. You have to love how wonderful they look in their uniforms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your son does look so handsome. Thank him for serving for me. I have 2 nephews in the service-one the Army, the other the Marines!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sons picture reminds me of the picture of my husband in his navy uniform on our wedding day. I am so thankful for the men and women who serve our country in the military. Thank you to your son.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a handsome son, Susan! My son, Brandon, served in the USAF and I was proud of him. My brother is a Marine (retired) and my daddy was in the Navy and my Grandpa in the Army Air-Corp. Even my hubby's dad was in the Army! Very military minded family. Currently our son in law is spending his last 2 weeks in the Oklahoma Guard. One nephew is in the Tennessee Guard and another nephew is currently in Iraq. I feel your pride!

    Glad you liked my pink notions. The great old stuff is getting harder to find!

    Love to you~

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...I think he looks VERY handsome...uniform or not. But we women sure do like a man in a uniform..don't we ?

    Tell him THANK YOU for us.
    My granddaughter has been to Iraq and back..and is in the USAF.

    AND thank you Susan for being such a FAITHFUL follower to my blog. I am not near as faithful to my blogger friends... I'm ashamed to say.
    Did not realize you had colon cancer...how long did your IBS bother you before you fianlly went in for a colonoscopy...I am SO OVERDUE for one...and HATE, just hate the thought of going in....and being without my pain meds ( aspirin based ) for days on end before and afterwards.
    But I have been dealing with IBS on and off more and more lately....I also have FIBO and I know that is ALL part of the "game" it plays.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please tell your handsome son that I said thanks for all he does.:)

    Love those little snow men..

    ReplyDelete