Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter! Sharing a couple of projects!

Happy Easter my friend! I hope everyone has enjoyed their Holy Day. My hubbie and I had a nice dinner. He cooked a standing rib roast. It was delicious.I fixed sweet potatoes cooked the old fashion farm way. I love how my mother used brown sugar and cooked them until they were almost burned. I have not posted on this blog for about two weeks. I have been battling bronchitis and just had not felt like updating the site. I wanted share some of the projects I have been doing these past two weeks. I hope you enjoy them. Your comments are always welcome. I read each and every one. This old spice rack has been in my storage space for years. I decided to use my oil rubbed bronze and give it a makeover. I added, velvety like scrap book paper to the front door. I used some bling trim to give it a touch of class. I left the old print on the back of the door. I thought it maintained a vintage appeal. I found a canvas print at the Family Dollar. I fell in love at first sight. The colors were my favorite, the coppery browns and greens. And the lone fiddle was the main selling point. I built the rest of the vignette around this print. The gold fiddle was meant to be a Christmas decoration. I altered it in colors drawn from the print.

13 comments:

  1. You did a beautiful job on your projects! I loved all of them. Esp. the vignette with that gorgeous lamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You cerainly spiced up the spice rack. What a great idea. Mine does not have a door. I loved the violin.
    I hope you are slowing feeling better.
    Hugs Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty print! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on your projects, Susan! Hope you are feeling better too.
    Greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, first off- I am so sorry that you have been sick, Susan. I hope you are better now. Things just seem to hang on this time of year for some reason.
    I love that spice rack-cute idea to make it over...and I LOVE that picture. You would never guess it was a dollar store find. It looks great! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. How clever -- what a great idea for the spice cabinet! Love your vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this, and the picture is just wonderful. Very clever and so pretty. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Speaking of lamps...I love your gorgeous lamp in the pretty arrangement you did. The spice cabinet is awesome! Thank you for dropping by and for the sweet and kind comment. Big Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear you've been ill and hope you are on the mend now. Looks like you've been busy! I love the print. Seems Family Dollar has improved their offerings since updatng their store recently. Every time I've been recently, I've seen a lot of pretty home and holiday things. Thanks for taking the time to drop by my blog recently and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope your feeling better Susan. Thanks for stopping by!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your spice cabinet! I have got to get one, I am always lugging an arm load of spices from the pantry!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Susan, What a great spice cabinet. Love your table accent and the canvas print is lovely.
    How are you doing my friend. I was thinking of you and been missing you too. I hope you are feeling better.
    Hugs, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your vignette and picture are beautiful Susan. Great job on the spice cabinet. And you know what else I love? Your lamp! Hope you are well now...Chrisyome

    ReplyDelete