Saturday, June 4, 2011

Good Will and Yard Sale Finds

Happy Saturday everyone!! I went to yard sales early this morning! It was a beautiful morning and there were a lot of sales. The later in the day it became, the hotter is was here in Myrtle Beach!
My husband and I went to Walmart today and toted home a Tread Mill, I am on a mission to exercise and loose some of this weight!!
I thought I would share a Good Will find and my yard sale finds for this weekend! I hope everyone enjoys!

Good Will!

This was the only thing I found on my last Good Will trip! I have really been trying to be choosey in what I buy!! I love the yellow flowers on this cup! I think it is so dainty!! It was a 1.91 at Good Will







Inside the tea cup it says March! I have a February tea cup and a June teacup as well! I have to get the rest of the months, I'll just have to keep looking.






The markings on the bottom of the teacup. It was made in Staffordshire England!








Yard Sale Finds


I have a couple of other of these white ceramic pieces. A basket and a casserole dish with the open weave like this piece has. I love the look of this fruit bowl! It was a dollar. I did not know until I got home though it had one of the little weave thingies broken. But you cannot really tell it, so I am going to use it anyway!!








This piece was just 50 cents at a yard sale! I think it aluminum but its really heavy so I don't know what it is really. But I fell in love with the Victorian Christmas Scene forged into the piece!!









This is a close up of the Victorian Scene that was forged into the piece! It is a Christmas scene!







This is the marking on this piece! It was handmade in Sterling, Ohio.







Someone wired these beads on this spoon! I may take them off and glue them to get rid of the wires. I could not resist the beading. It was 50 cents






I think I have a fetish with small purses! I can't help myself, I just cannot resist buying them when I see them. However I carry a big purse to work.
This little purse , I believe I remember seeing it in Belks or Dillards. I don't remember which store. I just love the faux fur. Also the beading is so pretty. It has little heart charms hanging on the chain, as well as other charms. It was just a dollar!








This little purse is really cute! It was only a dollar

16 comments:

  1. Those are some great finds, the cup and saucer are so sweet. Thanks for visiting and for the sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my dear friend! What a simply fabulous cup! Wow! Great finds! Ohhhh, great job on getting healthy, I know that takes effort, but I know you can do it! Hope you had a lovely weekend.
    Big squishy hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul. I'm also on a mission to loose some weight. One day I'm thin and next I'm old and overweight...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the purses, and that cup was the deal or steal of the day!!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the tea cup!!! Absolutely beautiful. The yellow...oh so warm and rich. Just perfect for a spot of tea and a scone.


    Thanks for your comments on my Saturday post...

    Winter Past is my link to Macro Monday. Do stop by, again, when you get a chance. I'd love your company. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan,
    I'm lovin' that white open weave dish...soooo pretty! I need you to e-mail me your full name and address because you are the lucky WINNER of that cute RIBBIT the Frog Scentsy Buddy...congrats Susan!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    coastal.charm@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't believe everyone else's GW stores. Ours charge an arm and a leg for everything! You got a good bargain for your teacup. :-) Stay cool! It's hot but hasn't been overly humid the past few days. Thank goodness! Wish you could have shopped the porch sale too. I think I had lots of goodies.
    ~ Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you in that I'm trying to be more 'choosy' when I shop at GW and the thrift stores! Your finds are beautiful -- those purses are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice finds! I've never seen those "month" teacups before. Very nice. I like to have a particular thing to "hunt" while I'm out. That will keep you busy looking for the months you don't have.
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Susan!
    Oh my goodness I so enjoyed seeing all your finds! I adore little purses too and your faux fur purse is darling! That was a great deal on the English cup and saucer set at the Goodwill also. It's getting harder and harder for me to find a treasure there.
    How wonderful that you're having sunshine at your place! It's been so rainy here that the garage sales have been very few and far between. I can't wait for some sun! *winks* Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the little primrose cup and saucer especially as it is March which is the month of my birthday. Great finds.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Susan,
    Your blog is so cute. Love your little treasures. Thanks for visiting my blog, and for the beautiful compliment. Oh Yes, I'm your newest follower.
    xoxoRosemary

    ReplyDelete
  13. You found some great things, Susan! I love the two little purses you found and at such a great price!

    xoxo
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice finds. the teacup is sweet and I love the black purse! Never too many purses..right?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cup and saucer. Great find.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a thing for buying cute purses too.....don't know why because I always use the same ol' purse every day. The last one I bought was in an antique shop and it was from the 40's. It was a clutch purse and had a place you could slip your hand in to hold it. I love it. I am so glad you stopped in for a visit.

    ReplyDelete