Sunday, December 18, 2011

Yard Sale finds! Retail therapy!

Good Evening.
MY Vacation is over so its back to work I go in the morning. However thankfully I will be off for about five days counting the weekend for Christmas.
I wanted to share my yard sale finds and my retail therapy haul. I hope you enjoy this brief post. Unfortunately the photo I took of the arrangement setting between my two lamps on my credenza did not transfer.. So I just posted what did take. I will post the full photo maybe tomorrow evening. I hope you enjoy.




Yard Sale Finds

For some reason the complete photo of this did not transfer to my computer. So you will not get the full effect of this piece and its beauty. But this is a gorgeous arrangement. I have similar arrangements in Michaels for 140.00 dollars or more. I paid 4.00 for this one.














I have seen these "urns or buckets" all over blogland. I have no clue what they are for, someone told me they are used to keep Champagne or wine on ice. I don't know. My husband and I do not drink, nor do we serve alcohol when we entertain.
But I am completely sure there is some decorative use for this beautiful container. Suggestions are welcome!






Retail Therapy!!

I could not pass up this little silver bird. It was just waiting there on the shelf just for me!!






Some of you are aware I love to use Cardinals at Christmas. Mostly because it is the Ky State bird and it happens to be red. At least the male is red.
I found this bowl at Marshals. I had to have some retail therapy after vacation. I am slowly beginning to build a supply of Cardinal dishes to use at Christmas.





14 comments:

  1. Fantastic finds! I am sure you'll find a great use for the urn/bucket! I hope you have a blessed week,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous stuff Susan....and retail therapy...I MUST remember that, it could be yours and my new slogan.

    And thanks for the comment....I am so happy to know that you and I think alike in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan, Wonderful yard sale finds you share. I love the silver urn. You could even place a small Christmas tree inside. The little bird is darling but that floral arrangement is gorgeous. Love the red bowl at the end too. I love cardinals too and have a few pieces with them.
    Thank you for stopping by and your sweet comment. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and many blessings in the new year.
    XOXO Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful yard finds, goodness, so lucky! Love the urn, the little bird and the flower arrangement are just beautiful! Thanks for your lovely and kind visit. Wishing you the merriest of Christmas and many blessings. FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous finds! I need to come shop with you!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your finds! Thanks for stopping by my site. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds! Yet, those champagne buckets are all over blogland - and very versatile, too! Merry Christmas! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan, I have used my bucket to hold a small plant, as well as my thread spindles. You can click on the link for that post HERE. Currently it holds my small lemon scented cypress tree. Perfect for the holidays. Hope you're enjoying a lovely Christmas season! ~ Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Susan~What wonderful finds my friend, love the silver urn, I have a couple myself and this year I place small Christmas trees in them, they look soooo elegant :)once Christmas is over I use them with a pretty floral arrangements :)

    xo~Mari

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello sugar sweet friend! What pretty thrifty finds! Happy to hear you got some RandR I bet it was wonderful! Merry Christmas my sweet friend!
    Hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a grunch (great bunch) of goodies !
    Looks like you did snag a champagne bucket... i use them to hold bunches of lavender.
    Hope you have a blessed Christmas (())

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love them all. Great finds, Susan! Merry Christmas to you and the whole family!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  13. I use my wine bucket as a vase. Wishing you and your family a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! A very merry Christmas and the happiest of holiday seasons to you and yours!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete