Sunday, September 9, 2012

Hello my friends! Wow this is the longest I have ever went with out posting a new post. I have been struggling with stress and health problems lately. When I come home from work, I get into my chair and I sit there for the rest of the evening. Thank God, my hubby does not mind cooking dinner, he loves to use the grill during the summer months. This time of year I get really homesick for Kentucky. We do not have the fall colors here in Myrtle Beach like we do in Kentucky. This is why I generally stick to the bright oranges and reds and browns for my fall decor. It reminds me of the leaves when they turn color. I have been reading your blogs , I am not leaving comments a lot of the time. It simply takes all my energy to just browse through the different blogs. I really have been living vicariously through my friends in blog land. I hope you enjoy my decorations, I have had them up for about two weeks and just now finding the energy to post about them. I left the original candles holder that was on my mantle. I just changed out the summer hydrangeas for fall decor. I added the fall candles, I found these at Big Lots about a week ago. The leave plates and some of the pumpkins are all from last years decor.
The pumpkin on the candlestick was a Walmart find. I plan to stop this week and get the tall pumpkin that matches. I plan to paint both candlesticks oil rubbed bronze. The basket vignette is one I had from last year. I may have added a little pumpkin but that was all I changed from this display. I had the scarecrow from last year as well.
I did not do much changing to the dining room table. I changed out the table runner to a fall runner. I then just added two white pumpkins. I left the original candlesticks and the hydrangeas as they were.
This table is in our foyer. It is a wine table, I found it at Salvation Army. I am going to replace this one day with a nice table but this will have to do for now. I added some sunflower heads and placed a pumpkin on a candle stick. The frenchie lamp shade came from Walmart. I got creative with the table topper. It is two lace curtain swags. div class="separator" style="clear: both; text-align: center;"> his vase of natural flora has been in my foyer for about a year now. I just added some seasonal sunflowers and other florals. div class="separator" style="clear: both; text-align: center;"> These are the fall decorations on our bar. This is not a very good picture, I took these with my phone. Please overlook the black electronic boxes that are part of our sound system. My hubby loves his electronic toys. I had these glass apothecary jars. I think I got these from Ole Time pottery. I put the fall foliage in to replace the lemons I originally had in them.
I found these this year sometime at a yard sale. I got them all for five or ten dollars. I don't remember which price exactly. I thought the entertainment center was the perfect place to display them. They are placed where I can grab them up and use them for a fall party to put party foods in the trays and bowl.
These candlesticks I had for a long time. I change the candles out for seasons and holidays. The two fall glass candle holders I found at Big Lots last year.

7 comments:

  1. Sorry you aren't feeling well. Your fall decor looks great. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan all you fall decorations look fabulous. Love those white pumpkins on the table! So sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. Rest all you need to and visit when you can. Take Care, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan,
    You are ready for Fall! Everything is lovely.
    I know how you feel about the stress :(
    Thanks for your sweet comment.
    Hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fall decorations are so beautiful!!! Hope you feel better soon :o)
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home is looking so fallish! The days are getting shorter and cooler, thank goodness. Take care of yourself and keep that hubby if he cooks! Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, it's nice to see that you felt up to blogging a post...been way too long. But if life gets in the way, I completely understand. I do hope you begin to feel better tho....I see you have felt up to putting out some Autumn decor...that's good!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan You have been missed,I do notice when someone on my list hasn't blogged in a while. I know we all get so busy. I'm sorry you haven't been well. I hope you will be well soon. Have lots of rest.
    Love your Autumn decor, especially the leaf plates. xx

    ReplyDelete