Friday, December 7, 2012

It's Looking alot like a Copperie Christmas!

Good Evening My Friends I wanted to share my Family Room Christmas decorations with you. I have been seeing so many beautiful decorations when I travel around blogland. I did not want the red and white in the family room. I wanted to tone the color down a bit and make it a little more calmer than the Master Bedroom. I don't know why but I fell in love with the coppers, browns and creams. I love the look of them all intertwined with each other. I also love glitter, and I think I glittered anything left standing this year. LOL I hope you enjoy! The mantle is my favorite vignette in the family room. The center of mantle consist of a plate I purchased at Kirkland's. I will most likely use it long after Christmas is over. I had the poinsettia's as tie backs in the Master Bedroom last year. I decided to use them to help decorate the mantle this year. The snow men are yard sale finds. The two Christmas trees are part of the Woodland collection at Kirkland's. The two star stocking hangers use to be black. I used spray adhesive and Martha Stewart glitter in the copper color. I think they match my whole theme pretty darn well. I just put a few of the copper colored ornaments here and there through out the arrangement.
I found these two stockings at a yard sale. I love the cream color. The banding around the top are plain. The trim around them are trim on two hand towels. I bought the towels at Marshall's. I bought them specifically because they had that trim. Wild Orchid crafts sells similar trim, but they were sold out. So anyway I got the idea to just stuff the towels in the stocking and folded the trim over. I tried to make it appear as if the trim was attached to the stockings.
I used my beaded reindeer on the entertainment center the two years we have lived in this house. They are sitting on a velvet scarf I use as a table runner. I think the black makes a good stage for the deer. I found the scattered beads at a yard sale and decided to just place them around the arrangements. The candles I purchased at Home Goods. The candle holders are yard sale finds.
I decided to change my credenza this year. I realized that most of the items I have used to decorate it with are yard sale finds. The little sachets in the back are from Kirklands. They were on clearance for next to nothing. The Christmas tree candles, the snowflake plates the snowman are all yard sale finds. The glass block I purchased several years ago from a little neighbor girl, She was selling them for her church. I really like how the credenza is decorated.
On this end of the credenza I brought out another one of my crystal bowls. I added Christmas potpourri, The copper star was a country star I had on hand. I used spray adhesive and glitter to make it sparkle for the Christmas season.
This reindeer is a paper mach ea that I of course found at a yard sale. I used Martha Stewart glitter and spray adhesive to glitter the little guy up. I think he turned out pretty well.
I decided to get out my clear and cut glass pieces to make it a bit more elegant in the family room. All the cut glass I found at yard sale a piece at a time. I filled the center bowl with glittery and shiny ornaments. I placed some of those ornaments around the cake plate. The mercury glass candle votive came from Marshall's. On the other end is just a cut glass candy dish. I have some Hershey's kisses inside.

33 comments:

  1. Susan I too am Captivated with Glitter... I'm such a Magpie when it comes to anything Shiny! *Winks* Your Color Palette in this Room is Lovely, Copper is one of my Favorite Metallic Hues, so Warm & it is one that developes Patina over Time. Thanks for coming by for a Blog Visit and Celebrating the 500 Mark with me. I'm Glad that you Enjoy Visiting often. And I'm Falling In Love with your Blog's Wallpaper Background... I'd LOVE to cover an entire Room of this Old House with Wallpaper like that... and in that delicious Jewel Tone Aged Hue... like Old Beautiful Velvet Brocade!!! *Sigh*

    Merry Christmas from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it all, Susan. I love copper and I like the white. Beautiful combination. I also love those 2 plates!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan this is just gorgeous! I love the glitter and the bronze and copper colors are amazing! Pretty!

    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and elegant! I've been glittering a lot this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan everything is lovely,I love your colour scheme. I like the idea of stocking hangers. we don't get those here I don't think.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, It really looks great. I love your crystal pieces but I especially love that little deer and star that your glittered! Everything looks just beautiful- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything is so beautiful and sparkly!!! I love your stockings too:)

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, I clicked the follow button to follow you and I already was following!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It all looks sooo warm and inviting, simply beautiful ;)

    Xo~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  9. O, Susan...your mantel is just beautiful...I love it so much.
    Those stockings that are "hung by the chimney with care" are adorable.
    I love glitter, too, but absolutely hate using spray adhesive...my finger get all stuck together...:( I am sooo not crafty...:((

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colors you used to decorate with for Christmas this year! They are just so pretty!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the coppers, rusts and white. There so rich.
    beautifully done Susan.
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Susan it all looks so lovely, I love the rusty elements with everything else, and how clever to use the trim from hand towels to decorate the stocking! Have a great weekend! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful sweet Susan! Everything looks so festive and beautiful. You sure do have the knack for putting everything together. LOVELY!

    Blessings to you~

    Love, Rebecca PS: Thank you for your sweet comment about my hubby graduating. We are so happy and I'm so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a very unique and eye catching color combination. Makes for a very elegant décor. Just gorgeous!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful combination of colors & mantel-top arrangement, Susan!

    (And you're right in the comment you left on my post. Illinois ISN'T so far away.)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your mantle and vignettes are so pretty, Susan! I just love the copper color that you added.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Susan,
    Hi, I'm Pat. . .designer of the red pillow with vintage buttons from Homespun Christmas! Thank you for your kind comment on Anita's blog today about my pillow!!! Have a wonderful Christmas Season!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your Christmas decor is really pretty, Susan. I love the copper too. Beautiful stockings!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  19. Once again Susan, absolutely stunning. I really like the copper theme. Most relaxing and calm for a night [or day] or soothing surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty Susan. I really like the way you added the trim to the pretty cream stockings, and those beaded reindeer are so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  21. love your copper. I have some in a suitcase somewhere. forgot all about it. =)

    blessings
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Susan...Lovely, lovely decorations. It's nice to see different colors than the usual. Nice job!

    And Susan, thanks for your visit and comment. My heart, like all of ours, is sooooo filled with sorrow right now.

    Take care. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  23. Greetings!!!

    Just popping in this morning to send along my wishes to you and yours...that you have a very happy holiday season.

    Will see you again in 2013, when I return to blogging after my hiatus, enjoying the company of my sister from Colorado. I haven't seen her in nearly 10 years. This will be a treat.

    Happy Holidays...love Anni

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dear Susan, your home looks gorgeous. I too love the creams with copper and natural elements. We are seeing a lot of this, this year. I too opted out of greens and reds this year. Your home is warm and inviting and everything you pull together is always so lovely. You have such a talent for creating vignettes.

    Thank you for a special year of friendship. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and many blessings in the new year.

    Big hugs, CM

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful Christmas decor!!
    Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving such a kind comment!!

    Merry Christmas!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really love that color combination too. It's so classic and elegant. Your stockings are adorable! I can't believe you found them at a yard sale of all places. Thanks so much for visiting my blog the other day. I really appreciate your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Susan, Everything is beautiful and I especially love the reindeers. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Susan - Your mantel looks beautiful. Love those stockings. Read your other blog and wanted to let you know that I'll put you on my prayer list - especially on the 26th. May the Lord bless you with a peace that passeth all understanding.

    By the way, how long did it take you to get use to the tick-tock of the clock? I've tried but it just drives me crazy.

    Hope you have a very Merry Christmas and 2013 will be a great year for you and your family,

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  29. Merry Christmas to you and your family Susan!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  30. Merry Christmas to you and your family Susan!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a gorgeous colorway, using the copper! I saw a lot of it in the retail market this season. It took all my control not to buy more decor this Christmas. Thanks for visiting - I have done so little posting or blogging in the past few months. Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love all the coppery glitter. Copper is one of my favorite "colors".

    ReplyDelete
  33. How pretty! I loved those stockings! They are adorable! I would have never guessed that was a towel there had I not read it! Such a clever idea you had there! I love your beaded reindeer. Everything was pretty!

    Hugs!
    Debi

    ReplyDelete