Monday, December 24, 2012

Just The Two of US !

Mr. N and I had Christmas at Thanksgiving with my children in Ky. So , Christmas day it will only be the two of us for dinner. I still wanted dinner to be a pleasant experience for my hubbie and I. Just because there is just the two of us, there is no reason the table can not still be set for a beautiful Christmas dinner. This is my first table scape I have ever done for blogging. I kept it fairly simple but I think it is pretty. The china is Old Country Roses by Royal Albert. I fell in love with this set the first time I ever saw it displayed in Dillard's many years ago. The flatware and the stemware is also The Old Country Rose pattern. The red and white gingham napkins were brand new , and was a yard sale find. I bought the two red candlesticks at a Peddlers Mart in Ky. I had the Santa Clause salt and pepper shakers for years, I am sure they are yard sale finds as well. The poinsettia bowl is a Family Dollar purchase. The two red glasses were yard sale finds. I just sort of took what I had and threw it all together for this tablescape. I am wishing all my friends in blog land a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Keep your family close and cherish every minute, because just the memory of Newtown makes us all well aware things can change in a flash!

11 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful, Susan- Merry Christmas to you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, Susan! My husband and I had our Christmas Eve dinner for just the two of us...it really felt special! Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table for two looks very comfy and relaxing. Not all the stress of a huge family meal.
    I like you coppery decorations in the previous post.
    Thanks for stopping by and your sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table for two looks very comfy and relaxing. Not all the stress of a huge family meal.
    I like you coppery decorations in the previous post.
    Thanks for stopping by and your sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table is Lovely Susan. A celebration for two is just as sweet.
    Wishing you a Joyous New Year!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the table setting Susan. Happy New Year to you and your family xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found you on Show and Tell Friend, My Romantic home! This is such a pretty tablescape. So sweet you did this all for a intimate dinner with your husband. I love that!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww, this is lovely Susan! I'm only 44 but already an empty nester, as I had my children very young...so, like you, it was just the two of us on Christmas but we had a wonderful time regardless!

    Your tablescape is lovely and I really need to do this next year! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really pretty, Susan. You should join more tablescapes.I love the dishes, very romantic! Happy New Year!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gotta luv a copper Christmas! & those famous dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Christmas Tablescape! And what a nice change for the New Year with the black and lace. I always try to re-purpose and your curtains from the sheets are perfect. :)

    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete