Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year  Friends!  I have been playing house the past two days. In that I mean, I was tired of how I had the guest room decorated so I did a make over. I did not spend any money on this project, I utilized things I already had. And when you view this project you can definitely tell that.........LOL. I call this my Country Victorian guest room. A fancy way of saying quilts, pine furniture and little bit of frill.
You will also notice I have a thing for bunnies. You can learn a lot about a person in how they decorate. Hope you enjoy. Please do not judge. It may not be your taste, but different strokes for different folks.


 The bedding was the set that I had in the Master Bedroom at one time.  The lamp on the right I found at a yard sale a year or so ago. I decorated the shade with lace and beads.  The crochet table topper , I have had for more than 15 years.  The bear is a yard sale find, the picture is a craft project of mine. The bunny on the bed was a Good Will find. Do not worry I steamed him sanitary in my dryer.  The picture above the be we have had for many years.  The burlap bird picture is a Good Will find.


The little hat stand on the right is a Good Will find. I did a  makeover to make it more beautiful.  The basket I have had for years, and the birds are Christmas ornaments. The long box on he left is a Dollar Store purchase. I made the heart that is sitting on top of the box.



The welcome sign is a Dollar Store purchase.  The heart is a craft project.



I  am debating if I like this banner I made. It may be replaced in the near future. I have not decided yet.

3 comments:

  1. Susan the room looks great....nice decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The room looks great! I love the banner, very beautiful and shabby chic.
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan, love your guest room. You did a beautiful job of redecorating. I love your quilt and the color and design is perfect. The painting over the bed is so pretty and the welcome sign is a great find. Your banner is so pretty and looks so nice in your room. The bunnies are adorable. I love them too.
    Wishing you a happy new year sweet friend.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete