Wednesday, January 28, 2015

K-Mart Haul and a Vignette




I went to K-Mart yesterday to purchase some brackets. I did not find the brackets I needed, but came across a awesome after Christmas Sale.
I purchased all the stuff above for 25.00  and some change.
My hubbie will make good of the sausage and cheese. I kept one of the little cutting boards and will give one to my daughter and son.
The Christmas buckets I will take the contents out of them and make my own gift baskets next Christmas. I will use the hot cocoa and mints and cookies.
There were two tea gift  packs. One I took apart and will use the contents. The other I will give to my daughter.
I will not wear the jewelry but will use it in my craft projects. Don't you love when you can find a really good bargain!


I changed the top of my book case in the dining room. I added some pink elements. I do not use a lot of pink in my decorating, but decided to add some touches in the dining room.
The large fan was purchased at Habitat for Humanity Resale Store. I added some embellishments and made a stand. I used it as a back drop for my vignette.
The lamp is a Kirkland find  a few years back. The candle came from Goodwill. I do not remember where I got the frosted fruit, but have had it for several years. The book was a Marshall's purchase. The table runner was a gift from my step daughter.


8 comments:

  1. Lucky you finding a bargain. I love your book case. I think the fan sets it off.
    Hugs Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely and romantic your book case .I especially like the lamp and runner.
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost stopped in at KMart yesterday, now wish I had. Great finds!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- That is a haul!!! Both of our Kmarts closed here. One 5 years ago and now the Packers bought the one next to the stadium this last year and tore it down. I loved the Martha Stewart line they carried and the Jacklyn Smith dishes. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did good! I love a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan,
    Thanks so much for visiting!! Love your new vignette! So pretty! Love the fan!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a deal! We don't even have a K-mart anymore. I always loved them better than Wal-Mart too. But at last they have all closed in our area.

    Blessings,
    Amy jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Susan, what a great deal at Kmart. You found some wonderful items. I wish we had a Kmart here. We had one years ago and they closed never to return.
    Love your pretty vignette in the dining room.Gorgeous fan and fruit. The lighter colors just say spring and an inspiration for warmer days ahead. I don't use much pink either but now and then I do add it for an accent and it works.

    Have a blessed day dear friend.
    CM

    ReplyDelete