Monday, May 17, 2010

Before and after.

This is the before picture of how this table looked. Below are the changes I made. I think it looks much better now!!
I found this muted rose print at a yard sale for a 1.00. Its frame was broken but my dear hubby fixed it back to almost new. It needs some work on the print, but some artist paints will take care of the scratches. I just gotta find time to get to AC Moore. Also I need to buy a new matting and some glass.
I have decided to go to the more softer muted colors in decorating as much as I can. I am kind of stuck currently with my burgandy living room sofa and love seat. How ever with the accessories I am putting more creams and muted colors in the decor. Above you remember the cut glass vase I found at Goodwill. I placed some silk hydrangeas I had on hand. The plate is one of three I found at yard sales, the other two are hanging on a wall near my hutch. I have also posted a picture of the little cream basket that I bought at a yard sale. In the basket sets a little cream hydrangea arrangement. It is actually from a broken shadow box, I was able to save the flowers.
The little lace cream dish with the cream potpourri balls I found at Ross''s. The little square trinket box with the rose on the top is a lefton piece I found a yard sale. The cream pottery in the background is a piece I also found at yard sale for a 1.00. I will probably tweak this vignette as I go, but for now here it is in all its glory!! LOL

6 comments:

  1. Love hearing about your "finds" and seeing the pictures you post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan!
    This little redo looks wonderful. It really does lighten it up. That rose picture is just so pretty! What a great find and a great bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan!

    I love the white on white effect! The green hydrangeas are so pretty as an accent!

    Thank-you for the visit!

    love, kelee @ www.katillacshack.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan! This is just gorgeous! You did a terrific job!
    You know, I am generally very polite (referring to my
    mantle showdown); but, my heart was set on that one :D
    I truly think this man made eye contact with my husband. I am
    not intimidating at 5'2-3" - he, on the other hand.;)
    Thanks for coming by,
    love your site!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet vignette! I love the white as well and the picture is so pretty! My favorite is the hydrangeas ~ perfect for this spot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful vignettes, Susan. Can you believe I keep forgetting to let Beverly know I want to do Pink Sat. Darn...my cool pink stuff is piling up cause I can't waste a pink post. lol

    ReplyDelete