Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Entertainment Center- Again!!

Good Evening Bloggers! This is part one of the two post I did this evening. I have been busy this weekend. I want to share my projects, my tweaking I did and my yard sale and thrift store finds! I hope everyone has a wonderful week! Tweaking Again!! The mantle of the fireplace just did not seem right to me. So I decided to take the big green thingie I had sitting on the Entertainment center and the lamp and put them on each end of the mantle. I had the two plates on there before, and also the black lantern. I really love these pieces on the mantle. The green thingie and the green in the lamp are the same color as the water in the picture on the wall above the fireplace.
Tweaking the Entertainment Center---- AGAIN! I am at it again. I am doing a re-do of the vignette on the Entertainment Center. The previous arrangement just did not do it for me. So this is what I came up with. I don't know if I will keep the little houses sitting there, or not. They are a bit crafty, I want a more formal look.
Wood Houses This little school house was a Goodwill find! It had an ugly green roof, so I painted it with Martha Stewarts copper specialty paint. I just love this paint. I am making a trip back to Home Depot to get the rest of the colors.
I found this little house at Miachael's on clearance for 1.50. I used Martha Stewart copper specialty paint to paint the house. I used some vines and Wild Orchid Craft flowers to decorate the top and back.
The top of the house!
The back of the house.
Yard Sale Finds You guys know I collect beaded purses. I found these two at a yard sale this weekend. They were one dollar each. The little cream colored one is not in great shape, but I could not resist it. The other one is in mint condition.
This delicate little plate was a Goodwill find!
Altered Lamp shade. This is my favorite project of the weekend. My hubbies daughter gifted me this lamp one year for Christmas. It had a fake patchwork quilt shade. I painted the shade a nice creamy linen, and then I added some lace from and old wedding dress,purchased at a yard sale. I used some of the bridle lace and some silk florals to add some more detail. I have this in my craft room.
Purple Box I had yards and yards of this purple sating lace trim,I have had it forever. I decided to alter an old ugly box and try to use some of the trim. I think it turned out pretty well! I will probably donate this to our event coordinator at work. He might be able to use it as a door prize. The employees where I work are not rewarded very often, so I thought this would be a good gesture. And besides, what the heck am I going to do with a purple box. LOL
I think the top is the prettiest part of the box. I used an old lace doily and put some flowers and beads around on top. The purple trim, I had on hand. I think it was part of some red hat stuff I bought at a yard sale.
This is how I decorated under the bottom of the lid.
I filled the box with some goodies I had on hand. A little lace pillow, some lavender sachets,body spray and linen spray. I also placed the purple altered bottle along with a purple tag!
This was some scrap lace I had, so I made this little pillow. I trimmed it with the same purple satin trim.
As you can see, I layered the purple sating trim all around the inside of the box as well!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love that pretty purple filled box, of course anything in purple always gets my attention :)

    What a great deal on those beaded purses, they are just so pretty.

    I also love your sweet little sewing machine lampshade, you are one crafty lady!

    I hope you have a blessed week!
    (hugs)
    Aledia @ Plum Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't you do well this weekend, so much achieved. I am so in love with your little beaded purses,and for only $1,wow.
    The little house is lovely too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Lots to look at here this morning. I love your little beaded purses and your lampshade. They are all just darling. Your tweaking is looking good to me- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little beaded purses are adorable! You got a great deal.
    The lamp shade ... love it too!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi darling, thank you for stopping in to say hello. What treasures you have, your talent is incredible.. hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Susan, You sure have an eye for your beautiful viginettes. Love it all and your tweaking looks great.
    Your finds are always the best. I want to shop with you!!!!

    Hugs, Celestina Marie
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete