Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sharing my Weekend Projects

Hello! Did this weekend fly by or what? I am telling you it can no way be another week starting so soon. I wanted to share a few of things I have been busy with this weekend. Hope everyone has a wonderful week. You will see some stuff on the floor in one of the photos. The rooster picture leaning against the wall is waiting to have a touch up done. I am going to paint around the frame red. The stuff laying in the floor is there temporarily, Its the starting of a Goodwill donation. I forgot to remove it before I took the picture. Kitchen Nook I changed my eating nook around a little this weekend. I had a yard long rose picture hanging on the wall. I changed it out for this bright rooster print. I also added a white battenburg lace table cloth. I put some sunflowers in a vase and place it in the center of the table.
Project! This was my weekend project. All the parts to make this project came from Goodwill. The beads and the flower came from Miachael's,I had them in my stash. The ribbon was a yard sale find. I painted the wooden spindle pink and then brushed over it with Martha Stewart specialty copper paint. I used E3000 to glue the light globe on the wood. I am frustrated I did not notice the globe was crooked until the glue had already dried.
Yard Sale Haul! This cute little bunny was fifty cents.
This little blue rose set was a dollar for both. I love anything with blue roses.
This little dish was 50 cents. I didn't notice before I bought it is broken and has been repaired around the stem of the piece. I thought I had gotten a bargain until I saw the repair.
I have a weakness for dainty rose pattern china. This little plate was a dollar.
This little purse was three dollars. I just thought it was cute. If my daughter likes it I will probably give it to her.
I love the color of this purse! It was five dollars. The lady said it was a sixty dollar purse. I really didn't know. But it is new and it was worth five dollars to me.

9 comments:

  1. I'm like you with the rose patterns. I gravitate to those all the time. Isn't that funny Susan? We definitely will have to be separated when (see I didn't if) we go yard saling together..lol. I love the vignette you made by the window. It is SO pretty. The vase..milk glass?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love rose patterns...my favorite are the soft pink blooms but truthfully I love them all! Everything is so lovely~

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some great hauls there, Susan. I love the blue and white platter and the bunny is so cute....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan,
    Love your new vignettes and your table looks so inviting.
    I too love rose print dishes. You sure found some great treasures once again.
    Beautiful creation you designed too. So talented with your finds.

    Hugs, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful, great finds:-)
    Thanks for stopping by, hugs Biljana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, the sewing machine lamp is TOO cute...and I oh so love your blue & white platter......you have the most fun at sales.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susan,
    Stopping by again to say hello and enjoyed viewing your treasures again. Hope you have a great weekend.
    Hugs, Celestina Marie
    p.s.thank you for stopping by and your kind comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sure have been busy with all your rearranging and treasure hunting. Too bad about that pretty dish, if you love it, then it's a good buy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan, you always bring me so much joy with your posts!! And this one does just that!!!

    IT'S THE Star Wars "At At" vs. the Alien" at Hootin' Anni's today...

    HERE'S THE DIRECT LINK

    Happy Cinco de Mayo [good reason to have Mexican Food and Margaritas tonight!!]

    ReplyDelete