Sunday, April 15, 2012

Roses , Projects and Yard Sale Finds!

Good Evening my friends!
Well another weekend is over. So back to the real world of work tomorrow.
Saturday after noon I spent in my craft room as hubby was working on his computer all weekend.
I did some sewing, altered some bottles, did a little yard saling and found time to cut roses from the garden. Not bad for a weekend eh?
Hope you enjoy viewing all the pictures of my life this weekend. Have a great week!

Roses from our Garden.






Sewing Projects



I used up what was left of my polka dot fabric. If you remember I made some pillows for my black bench with this same fabric.
My favorite of these two table runners is the one with the black lace trim.
I did not have enough black pom pom trim for the second table runner. I had to settle for the white.











Altered Bottles and Tags

Of the three bottles I altered this weekend, this one is my favorite. I plan to use this in our master bathroom. The decoration on this bottle are from wild orchid crafts, my bead stash, the dollar tree, and some of my stash I already had on hand.
I love the delicate and feminine look of the cream.
The cream rose trim and the dark caramel colored rose is a wild orchid craft purchase. The creamy white rose it from the dollar tree floral, I purchased about a month ago. The other decorations are from my stash.






This bottle I used some free standing lace I made with my embroidery machine. I had made this lace a long time ago, so I put it to use,






This purple bottle is altered with drawer liners. I used beads on the cork stopper. I added some trim and flowers.
I made the tag virtually out of the same materials. I used the card board from some seam binding to make the tag.







This card is made from packaging card board. As most of you know I recycle anything I can vs throwing it in the trash. I just used some scrap booking paper and scrap booking flowers to decorate the card board. Around the edges I glued some fiber I bought for a dollar at Big Lots. I have yards of this fiber left for many more projects.





Yard Sale Finds!


I love ornamental boxes. I thought about painting this one with my beloved Oil
Rubbed Bronze. However I decided to leave its original color. I sat it on our fireplace mantle.







I have an obsession with pink glass ware. This piece is by Lenox. I paid 50 cents for it at a yard sale. The lady I bought this from had mostly baby clothes. The only two house ware items she had was this bowl and that green basket with the buttons, I posted below.






The lady I bought this from, stated it was from blown glass artist in Virgina. I wish I had paid more attention to what she said, I can not remember the artist name.
I love cobalt blue glassware. It does not go so well with the colors in my house. But I collect it anyway..........just cause.







This little clear candle holder was 50 cents. It has a etched flower in the bottom of the glass. I just thought it was an interesting piece. I love clear glass, and generally collect all that I find.







I just liked this bottle. It was 50 cents.





This basket and the buttons were 50 cents. I buy buttons anytime I can at yard sales. I bring them home and soak them in antibacterial dish washing soap to sanitize them before I use them.
I always buy baskets as well, I use them in my craft room and various other places in the house. I store odds and ends in the baskets.

12 comments:

  1. Your altered pieces are so pretty, Susan. You made some nice finds too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that little box, you got some good buys.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I love the little box as well.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You got a LOT done this weekend and you found some great things at the sales! Nice job "shopping". xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you had what all of us bloggers consider, a great weekend, a little crafting an a little shopping! I love cobalt blue too, even though it does not match with my house either. I love anything pink too and would have bought that bowl!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. You accomplished so much! Each creation is just lovely too! No roses yet in my garden though I see buds on my Knock-Out Roses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Lovely things you're sharing with us! I'd love a closer look at the lace you made - you got my attention there! Great finds all in all a marvelous post!
    Have a great week,
    kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds Miss Susan! Thank you so much for sharing with us! You discover the most amazing treasures!

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan, love that car with the fringy stuff on it, and that little bronze box!!

    blessings
    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello sweet friend! Wow what pretty treasures you are creating! Love those roses too! hugs and blessings your way!
    xo
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Susan,
    Lovely finds as always. Your creations are beautiful too. Love the bottle art. Thank you for sharing how you sanitize your buttons. Great to know.
    Have a great weekend.
    XOXO Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. You came up with some great finds.
    I envy your talent to create...you do such a nice job.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete